This Palmerston North Hoffman Kiln belonged to Brick and Pipes Ltd. Not used since 1959 it has a protection order on it and was donated to a Trust in 2003. It is one of the few left in New Zealand and thought to be the only one still in the North Island. The uniformly laid English bond brickwork on the outside of the Kiln using leader and stretcher bricks, gives added strength and avoids cracking and opening of joints.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Hoffman Brick kiln, Featherston Street
- Held In