The current brick building is the third church to be constructed on the site since 1875. In 1905, Archdeacon C Coleridge Harper commissioned Frederick de Jersey Clere to design a new church. Clere had designed over 120 churches in New Zealand in his lifetime. The builder was John Henry Meyer who began construction that year. The building was completed in 1914 and consecrated in 1916. It’s a large church, 65 feet wide and a total length of over 140 feet. The design is in the English gothic style and the building is largely authentic on the interior and exterior. Among the many interior features is the Great East Windows, with tracery forming a cross installed in 1924 as a memorial to those who died in the First World War, the organ in 1929; Oamaru stone altar 1939. In the foreground can be seen the lakelet in the Square, constructed in 1909.
This image was published as a postcard with the caption: "Reflections, The Square, Palmerston North N.Z.8762 B. Turner Photo."