Shown here is a view of the Fitzherbert Bridge from the Esplanade Gardens. This bridge was built by Fletcher Construction Company Limited during 1933 – 1935 at a cost of £34, 074. The bridge was officially opened by Viscount Galway the Governor General on the 20th of July 1935. In the foreground is the pergola, built c1916-1917 and demolished c1940.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Fitzherbert Bridge shot from Victoria Esplanade
- Held In
- IMCA Digital Archive