The Central Energy Trust Arena is the current name of the 180,000 square metre publicly owned recreational complex in Palmerston North. It was formerly the home of the Manawatu and West Coast Agricultural and Pastoral Association, established on this site in 1886.
It has three linked indoor stadiums with movable tiered seating. Outdoor facilities include football fields and a speedway track with grandstand. it is a very busy venue, catering for 36 different sporting codes and other events such as trade shows, exhibitions, weddings, dinners, conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, festivals, concerts and leisure events.
The Arena 2 facility, as illustrated, is accessed via Pascal Street. It was redeveloped in 2004 and is a multipurpose indoor sporting facility, capable of holding exhibitions, conventions and entertainment events. For sponsorship reasons, the arena is known as the Fly Palmy Arena.