Skip to Content

The Lido, Palmerston North's public swimming baths, was opened in October 1966, to replace the Municipal baths in Ashley Street. This postcard depicts the main outdoor pool as it was in the 1970s.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Bm27_BUI_2706
Title
Lido Swimming Centre, Park Road
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 27
Date
1971

Related items

Watchhorn's staff picnic, Pohangina
Patricia and Diane Hayes swimming at Bledisloe Park
Picnic on banks of Manawatu River near Ballance Bridge
Mayoral picnic, Tiritea
Swimmers - Opening of Lido Swimming Complex
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Demolition of former Municipal Baths, Ashley Street
Scenes of Palmerston North, 1956-1957
Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church Street
Council Chamber, The Square
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Abattoir steam engine and generator

Creation

Created By
Place
Park Road, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
activity,
bathing,
building,
buildings,
leisure,
outdoors,
palmerston north city council,
pncc,
pool,
sport,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Watchhorn's staff picnic, Pohangina
Patricia and Diane Hayes swimming at Bledisloe Park
Picnic on banks of Manawatu River near Ballance Bridge
Mayoral picnic, Tiritea
Swimmers - Opening of Lido Swimming Complex
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Demolition of former Municipal Baths, Ashley Street
Scenes of Palmerston North, 1956-1957
Palmerston North Public Library and All Saints Church, Church Street
Council Chamber, The Square
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Abattoir steam engine and generator