Skip to Content

More Info →Children's pool, Memorial Park

Memorial Park (previously named Fitzroy Park) at Terrace End, was formerly a metal pit used by the Railways Department 1876-1937 for ballast. The Palmerston North City Council purchased the 21 acre site in 1938 and developed it into a recreational and sporting area. A WWII memorial was erected 1952 and in 1954 Fitzroy Park was officially dedicated as Memorial Park. The pool was constructed c1939.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_P128_RES_0171
Title
Children's pool, Memorial Park
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Children's pool, Memorial Park
Children at the Lakelet in the Square
Monro children in Turitea Stream
Paddling Pool, Victoria Esplanade
Children's paddling pool in winter, Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool - Victoria Esplanade
Construction of the Children's paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool, Esplanade
Paddling Pool at the Esplanade
Lake, Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool - Victoria  Esplanade

Creation

Created By
Date
1950

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Children's pool, Memorial Park
Children at the Lakelet in the Square
Monro children in Turitea Stream
Paddling Pool, Victoria Esplanade
Children's paddling pool in winter, Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling pool - Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool - Victoria Esplanade
Construction of the Children's paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool, Esplanade
Paddling Pool at the Esplanade
Lake, Victoria Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool - Victoria  Esplanade

User comments