Skip to Content

Buildings, from left: Brick Hairdressers; H.F. Bishop Fruiterer; Waugh Tailor; Whitehead and Ellise Confectioners; A.L. Westmoreland Bookseller and Stationer; ? a restaurant or cafe; Watson Brothers Ltd (this premises was once the home of the Farmer's Cooperative Association from 1908 to 1923); Stanton's Home Made Sweets; E F Thwaites Flesher; Millar and Giorgi (built in 1902).

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 168
Date
1920 to 1923
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sq168_008622
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Looking Across the Square from the corner of Broadway
Looking Down Church Street
A View of Coleman Place
A Postcard of Church Street
A View of the Square
Church Street East side of The Square
Early View of the Corner of Church Street
Broad Street
A Rainy Day in the Square
The Square between Main Street West and Church Street West
Road Under the Civic Centre, The Square
Parking in The Square in the 1960s

Taxonomy

Tags
business,
park,
photographs,
square garden,
street lamp,
the square,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Looking Across the Square from the corner of Broadway
Looking Down Church Street
A View of Coleman Place
A Postcard of Church Street
A View of the Square
Church Street East side of The Square
Early View of the Corner of Church Street
Broad Street
A Rainy Day in the Square
The Square between Main Street West and Church Street West
Road Under the Civic Centre, The Square
Parking in The Square in the 1960s