Harry Littlejohn was a Scotsman who came to New Zealand from Lochgelly, Fifeshire, during the 1880s. He worked as a watchmaker and jeweler in Wellington with his brother, William Littlejohn. Sometime after that point, he started a business in Palmerston North. The Evening Standard of 23 November 1885 carries Mr Littlejohn's advertisement, stating he was a watchmaker and jeweler in The Square "under Standard office." This means that his shop was part of the Standard building, alongside the Commercial Hotel. One of his daughters, Helen Lamond Littlejohn, married Martin Pedersen of Palmerston North, son of Neils and Bertha Pedersen.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Mr Harry Littlejohn, of Palmerston North
- Held In