Skip to Content

More Info →First Car in Bunnythorpe

This is the first motorcar in Bunnythorpe - a single cylinder Darroch. The image was taken at ‘Matasubara”, the homestead of A S Aldrich. Mr Merrett, pictured in the drivers seat, boarded with A S Aldrich and family while Manager of the Dried Milk Factory at Bunnythorpe, which later became Glaxo Laboratories. The car was owned by Mr Alex Nathan and used by Mr Merrett.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bu19_RTL_1762
Title
First Car in Bunnythorpe
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bu 19
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Driving through Totara Reserve, Pohangina
First Car in Bunnythorpe
Stephens Bros, Merchants & Commission Agents, Awahuri
Truck-load of milk cans at Rongotea Butter Factory
Alf Taylor and Palmerston North City Council Truck (Engineers Dept No 15)
Couple on Motorcycle with Sidecar
Group of men on their motor bikes
Roadside picnic
Cars, with drivers and passengers, lined up at a Takapau camp
Andrews Collection: Mrs R Andrews and Ray Harding on Motorcycle
Unidentified family group
Unidentified family group

Creation

Created By
Date
circa 1905

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Driving through Totara Reserve, Pohangina
First Car in Bunnythorpe
Stephens Bros, Merchants & Commission Agents, Awahuri
Truck-load of milk cans at Rongotea Butter Factory
Alf Taylor and Palmerston North City Council Truck (Engineers Dept No 15)
Couple on Motorcycle with Sidecar
Group of men on their motor bikes
Roadside picnic
Cars, with drivers and passengers, lined up at a Takapau camp
Andrews Collection: Mrs R Andrews and Ray Harding on Motorcycle
Unidentified family group
Unidentified family group

User comments