This engine provided the motive power for Mr George Craw’s flaxmill at Linton in 1904-1911. When the mill was destroyed by fire in 1911 the engine was hauled from Linton to Palmerston North where it was reconditioned by the firm of Adam Burgess in Rangitikei Street. It was sold to a new owner in the Wanganui district. This photograph shows the engine passing through The Square, Palmerston North, on route to Rangitikei Street. Ten horses were used at this stage of the journey, but to move the engine from the mill site to the main road a further two horses were used.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- 14 Hp Steam engine, being hauled through The Square
- Held In