W H Foot's sawmill at the top of Forest Hill Road, Fitzherbert East, was probably the last mill operating on the northern Tararuas. It was erected in 1920 and operated until about 1927. The mill was situated on what is now Mr Don Scott's property. In the photograph, Mr W H Foot is standing on the right, while his son Lionel Foot is driving (centre) and another son Harold is holding the horses (left).
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Transporting a Portable Steam Engine and Boiler to W H Foot's Sawmill
- Held In