Thomas and Mary Parkins, with Lucy Baker their granddaughter, pose outside their home on Milsons Line with William and Nelly Brewer, a brother and sister who were farm worker and house help to the Parkins. Thomas came to New Zealand from England in 1876, with his wife following him in 1877. Thomas was a butcher by trade, and he used his land on Milson line to hold stock before butchering it to supply Parkins and Attfield Butchers, who traded in Palmerston North 1900 - 1903. Thomas & Mary moved off the farm in 1910 to live in Lombard Street, Palmerston North, and the farm was sold in 1923. The original house was built by the Parkins and was in existence until 1963 when new owners built a house known as “Mavisbank’. From left: Thomas Parkins; Lucy Parkins; Mary Parkins; Nelly Brewer; William Brewer.