Skip to Content
Manawatū Flour Mills 6

More Info →Manawatū Flour Mills 6

This building, which housed the Manawatū Flour Mills from 1918 to 1968, was situated on the corner of Broadway Avenue and Albert Street until demolished in 1968. It was the second flourmill on this site, the first being a small wooden building. The business was established by Richter, Nannestad and Co. in 1878 and sold to James McGill of the Manawatū patent Roller Flour Mill Co. in 1902. Seventeen years later it was purchased by John Ireland of The Manawatū Mills Ltd, who sold it on to Farm Products Co-operative Tararua Ltd in 1965.

Identification

Object type
Page
Digitisation ID
2019P_A175-232_028512
Title
Manawatū Flour Mills 6
Relation
A175/232
Format
B&W print
Held In
Research File

Related items

Manawatū Flour Mills 2
Manawatū Flour Mills 3
Manawatū Flour Mills 10
Manawatū Flour Mills 8
Manawatū Flour Mills 11
Manawatū Flour Mills
Manawatū Flour Mills 4
Manawatū Flour Mills 5
Manawatū Flour Mills 9
Manawatū Flour Mills 6
Manawatū Flour Mills 7
Manawatū Flour Mills Staff

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Albert Street and Broadway Avenue
Date
June 23, 1968

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Manawatū Flour Mills 2
Manawatū Flour Mills 3
Manawatū Flour Mills 10
Manawatū Flour Mills 8
Manawatū Flour Mills 11
Manawatū Flour Mills
Manawatū Flour Mills 4
Manawatū Flour Mills 5
Manawatū Flour Mills 9
Manawatū Flour Mills 6
Manawatū Flour Mills 7
Manawatū Flour Mills Staff

User comments