Skip to Content

More Info →Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square

A BNZ was first situated on the corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square. In 1914-15 another building was built on the site of the old Royal Hotel, on the corner of Rangitikei Street and The Square, to replace the original building. This new BNZ building replaced it in 1988.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008P_Z5141_BUI_0936
Title
Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Z5141
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Barraud and Abraham Ltd, Taonui Street
Lion Brewery, Carroll Street
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square
Queen Street
Saint Josephs Convent School, Carroll and Fitchett Streets
Lending Department of the Palmerston North Public Library
Shop, Coleman Place
Rangitikei Street shops
The Ready Money Store, The Square
William Bentley Draper, W. Park Bookseller, and R. Leary Chemist shops, The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
1988

Object rights

Credit Line
Matt Ryan

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Barraud and Abraham Ltd, Taonui Street
Lion Brewery, Carroll Street
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square
Queen Street
Saint Josephs Convent School, Carroll and Fitchett Streets
Lending Department of the Palmerston North Public Library
Shop, Coleman Place
Rangitikei Street shops
The Ready Money Store, The Square
William Bentley Draper, W. Park Bookseller, and R. Leary Chemist shops, The Square

User comments