Skip to Content

These plans for a two-storey building with seven shops at street level were designed by L. G. West for Robert Searle. The Danish-born architect Ludolph Georg West (1846-1919) established an architectural practice in Palmerston North in about 1880. In 1912 he formed a partnership with his son, Ernest Vilhem West, who continued the business after his father's death.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2021Pa_LGWest-S4-222_037184_002
Title
Plans for Shops etc., corner of Main and George Streets
Format
Paper
Held In
Community Archives
Relation
CA: L G West, Series 4
Archive
L G West & Son
Date
1905

Related items

L. G. West, Plans for Large Shop with Eight Bedrooms Accomodation, Sandon
L. G. West, Plan for Junction Hotel, Longburn
L. G. West, Plan for Additions to a Cottage for Mr. J. Liggins
L. G. West, Plan for House in Princess Street
L. G. West, Plans for a Residence at Hokowhitu
2021Pa_LGWest-S4-33_035105_001 - Residence for S. Gibbons
L. G. West, Plan for Additions to the Occidental Hotel
L. G. West, Plan for Hotel at Ōhingaiti
L. G. West, Plans for a Residence for S. Gibbons
L. G. West, Plan for Additions to a Boarding House, David Street
L. G. West, Plans of a Residence for Frank Cooke
L. G. West, Plan for a Residence for W. Simpson

Creation

Created By

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
architects,
architectural plan,
l g west,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

L. G. West, Plans for Large Shop with Eight Bedrooms Accomodation, Sandon
L. G. West, Plan for Junction Hotel, Longburn
L. G. West, Plan for Additions to a Cottage for Mr. J. Liggins
L. G. West, Plan for House in Princess Street
L. G. West, Plans for a Residence at Hokowhitu
2021Pa_LGWest-S4-33_035105_001 - Residence for S. Gibbons
L. G. West, Plan for Additions to the Occidental Hotel
L. G. West, Plan for Hotel at Ōhingaiti
L. G. West, Plans for a Residence for S. Gibbons
L. G. West, Plan for Additions to a Boarding House, David Street
L. G. West, Plans of a Residence for Frank Cooke
L. G. West, Plan for a Residence for W. Simpson