Skip to Content

More Info →Chapel, former Foxton Convent

The chapel of the St Mary’s Convent School in Foxton was built in 1917, on the first floor of the School building built in 1911. The Convent School was closed at the end of 1980. The building was taken over by the Foxton Retreat Trust, to run a sanctuary for people living in stressful situations. In 1987 a serious fire destroyed most of the building.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_Fo40b_004895
Title
Chapel, former Foxton Convent
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Fo 40b
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Chapel, former Foxton Convent
Chapel, former Foxton Convent
Former Convent, Cook Street, Foxton
Salvation Army Hall, Princess Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
All Saints Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Salvation Army Citadel, Broadway
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Jean MacCready
All Saints Church
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Manawatu
Date
May 3, 1982

Object rights

Credit Line
Manawatu Evening Standard

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Chapel, former Foxton Convent
Chapel, former Foxton Convent
Former Convent, Cook Street, Foxton
Salvation Army Hall, Princess Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
All Saints Church, Church Street
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Salvation Army Citadel, Broadway
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street
Jean MacCready
All Saints Church
St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Church Street

User comments