The cosmetic department was located on the ground floor of C M Ross Co Ltd department store. This photograph shows women staff serving customers. It is decorated for Christmas. C M Ross Ltd was founded 1882, with this shop built at 4 The Square in 1927-1928. C M Ross was sold in 1959, but the building remained a department store in the hands of Milne and Choyce, DIC and Arthur Barnett until 1991. It was bought by the Palmerston North City Council and converted into the City Library, opened 1996.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- C M Ross Company Ltd cosmetic department
- Held In