Dignitaries stand to attention at the memorial, watched by the crowd attending the unveiling. The obelisk at Fitzroy Park, as it was then called, was unveiled in this ceremony by Major-General Sir Howard Kippenberger. Later, in 1954, the park was dedicated and renamed Memorial Park. The obelisk, in a state of disrepair, was removed in 1983, and now only the gates into the park remain as the memorial.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
- Held In