The obelisk at Fitzroy Park, as it was then called, was unveiled in this ceremony by Major-General Sir Howard Kippenberger. Marching girls performed as part of the occasion. Later, in 1954, the park was dedicated and renamed Memorial Park. The obelisk, in a state of disrepair, was removed in 1983, and now only the gates into the park remain as the memorial.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
- Held In