Peke atu ki ngā rauemi

The obelisk at Fitzroy Park, as it was then called, was unveiled in this ceremony by Major-General Sir Howard Kipenberger. Later, in 1954, the park was dedicated and renamed Memorial Park. The obelisk, in a state of disrepair, was removed in 1983, and now only the gates into the park remain as the memorial.

Tautuhi

Momo rauemi
Image
Tautuhi matihiko
2008P_Mo16b_WHF_1971
Ingoa
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
E puritia ana ki
Coolstore
Date
October 19, 1952

Ngā rauemi e whai pānga ana

Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of the War Memorial, The Square

Hanganga

Te kaihanga
Te wāhi
Memorial Park, Main Street, Palmerston North

Te manatārua

Pūnaha whakarōpū

Ngā tūtohu
1950s,
black and white,
ceremony,
memorial,
memorial park,
monument,
obelisk,
photographs,
war,
Tūtohu Hapori

Tuku kōrero mai mō te whakararu

Ngā rauemi e whai pānga ana

Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of War Memorial, Memorial Park
Unveiling of the War Memorial, The Square