Marching girls perform for the crowd at the unveiling ceremony. The obelisk at Fitzroy Park, as it was then called, was unveiled in this ceremony by Major-General Sir Howard Kippenberger. Marching girls performed as part of the occasion. Later, in 1954, the park was dedicated and renamed Memorial Park. The obelisk, in a state of disrepair, was removed in 1983 and now only the gates into the park remain as the memorial.
- Created By
- Memorial Park, Main Street, Palmerston North
- October 19, 1952
- Community Tags