Skip to Content

More Info →'Cluny Park' farm barn, Rangitikei Line

'Cluny Park' was originally built by the Hobner Brothers for William Manson, near Palmerston North. The Looman family bought the property in 1959. The old barn and stables, built c1897, is set to the rear of the property, with a puncheon floor made of local Totara blocks. It was still standing in 1973 on Mrs Looman's poultry farm.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_Buf1_BUI_2747
Title
'Cluny Park' farm barn, Rangitikei Line
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Buf 1
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

'Cluny Park' farm barn, Rangitikei Line
Looman's farm barn, 726 Rangitikei Line
Horses in Paddock
Mr and Mrs Dunn and farmhouse, Waiwaka
Edenkillie Park, Rangitikei Line
Roe and Green, General Store, The Square
Hobbs brothers' apiary
Horse-drawn wagon
Clover Honey Wagon
Bullock Team, Miranui Flaxmill, near Shannon
Abraham & Williams sale yards, Levin
Sledging fence posts at 'Matsubara', Bunnythorpe

Creation

Created By
Place
Rangitikei Line, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1920 to circa 1929

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

'Cluny Park' farm barn, Rangitikei Line
Looman's farm barn, 726 Rangitikei Line
Horses in Paddock
Mr and Mrs Dunn and farmhouse, Waiwaka
Edenkillie Park, Rangitikei Line
Roe and Green, General Store, The Square
Hobbs brothers' apiary
Horse-drawn wagon
Clover Honey Wagon
Bullock Team, Miranui Flaxmill, near Shannon
Abraham & Williams sale yards, Levin
Sledging fence posts at 'Matsubara', Bunnythorpe

User comments