Skip to Content

More Info →Komako, Pohangina Valley

The township of Komako, Pohangina Valley, looking south down the river. The house on the far left was originally built for employees of Bartholemew’s Sawmill in the 1890s, before becoming the Blacksmith's residence. The white house in the distance was the Phelans' home, and was originally the Rimmer and Craven Store in the 1890s. The small dark building (5th from left) was a hut where the teamsters who drove for the Sash and Door Company stayed overnight, and the long building, far right, was used as stable for their horses.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Poh4_RTL_0853
Title
Komako, Pohangina Valley
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Bullocks Hauling a Log onto A Wagon
Carting Sawn Timber from Wilson Brothers' Sawmill, Pohangina Valley
Transporting grass seed by pack-horse and wagon
Rural Mail Delivery
Saleyards at Pohangina
Driving through Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Post Office at Piripiri
Farm, Pohangina Valley
Wilson Brothers' Sawmill, Totara Reserve, Pohangina Valley
Sawing Timber for Railway Sleepers Along Opawe Road, Pohangina Valley
Sowing grass seed by hand
Komako, Pohangina Valley

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1907

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Bullocks Hauling a Log onto A Wagon
Carting Sawn Timber from Wilson Brothers' Sawmill, Pohangina Valley
Transporting grass seed by pack-horse and wagon
Rural Mail Delivery
Saleyards at Pohangina
Driving through Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Post Office at Piripiri
Farm, Pohangina Valley
Wilson Brothers' Sawmill, Totara Reserve, Pohangina Valley
Sawing Timber for Railway Sleepers Along Opawe Road, Pohangina Valley
Sowing grass seed by hand
Komako, Pohangina Valley

User comments