This small portable mill was situated on the east bank of the Pohangina River, just south of the Totara Reserve. It was located between the riverbank and the Pohangina Valley East Road, opposite Cliff Spellman's old farm (later owned by R J Story). The mill was owned by Jos and Bill Wilson (brothers) and operated about 1898-1900, cutting out a patch of bush and then moving elsewhere. The donor is the nephew of the Wilson brothers and states that Jos Wilson is the man on the far left. The engine driver (on the far right) is probably Teddy Woods and the man third from left (holding an axe) is probably Axel Blixt. The bullock driver is unknown.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Wilson Brothers' Sawmill, Totara Reserve, Pohangina Valley
- Held In