'Kainga Moe' was run by the Women's Division of the Farmers' Union (WDFU). It burned down 10 April 1958. Originally called 'Shalimar', it was designed by C T Natusch and Sons (Napier) and built for Walter Strang on a 40 acre section in Awapuni, Palmerston North. In 1925 it was sold to the New Zealand Sheepowners Acknowledgement to British Seamen Fund for use as a girls' training centre, associated with Flock House training centre for boys. It was sold to the WDFU in 1939.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- 'Kainga Moe' Rest Home, Long Melford Road
- Held In