Skip to Content

More Info →Queen Elizabeth College, Rangitikei Street

Queen Elizabeth College was originally sited in King Street, as the Palmerston North Technical College. A new college was built in Rangitikei Street in 1956, and by the 1960s it was the second largest educational establishment in Palmerston North, after Massey University, with a population of over 900 secondary school pupils and over two thousand on the tertiary roll. Over the years the college has continued to provide tertiary technical education and hobby classes. This photograph was taken on the occasion of the 50th Jubilee on the 19 – 22 October 1956.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_IMCA-DigitalMaster_004491
Title
Queen Elizabeth College, Rangitikei Street
Relation
IMCA Digital Archive
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Queen Elizabeth College, Rangitikei Street
New Portion of Taikorea School
Longburn Adventist College
Junior Relay Team, College Street School
Palmerston North Intermediate Normal School
Craven School
West End School
Marist Brothers School
First Longburn School
Main Block of Palmerston North Boys' High School
Carncot School for Girls, Broadway Avenue
St Patrick's School

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
October 1956

Object rights

Credit Line
Manawatu Evening Standard

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Queen Elizabeth College, Rangitikei Street
New Portion of Taikorea School
Longburn Adventist College
Junior Relay Team, College Street School
Palmerston North Intermediate Normal School
Craven School
West End School
Marist Brothers School
First Longburn School
Main Block of Palmerston North Boys' High School
Carncot School for Girls, Broadway Avenue
St Patrick's School

User comments