The BNZ was first situated in Palmerston North on the corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square. In 1914-15 this building was built on the opposite side of The Square on the site of the old Royal Hotel. This photograph shows the addition of glass doors which replaced the original wooden doors. The building was demolished and replaced by a new BNZ in 1988.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Bank of New Zealand, corner of Rangitikei Street and The Square
- Held In