Skip to Content

The building being erected is Richard Leary's Chemist shop. Also visible is (from left): another pharmacy (the face of the building reads, "Chemist and Druggist"); J P Leary's Printshop; William Bentley, drapery; William Park's Bookseller and J Linton's Land Office (est 1882).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sq85_008591
Title
Construction of R Leary's Chemist, The Square
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 85
Date
circa 1890

Related items

Ashhurst to Palmerston North passenger coach
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School Committee
Shops on Broadway Avenue
Palmerston North Brass Band
83 Victoria Avenue
A View of the Occidental Hotel from The Lakelet
Looking across The Square, Palmerston North, to the Southeast
Looking across the eastern side of The Square
The Square Looking Towards Main Street West from near Coleman Place
Maud and Mollie Warburton at Warburton residence, Main Street
View of Church Street, on The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
1890s,
building,
early palmerston north,
fancy,
musical instruments,
photographs,
solicitor,
the square,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Ashhurst to Palmerston North passenger coach
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School
Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School Committee
Shops on Broadway Avenue
Palmerston North Brass Band
83 Victoria Avenue
A View of the Occidental Hotel from The Lakelet
Looking across The Square, Palmerston North, to the Southeast
Looking across the eastern side of The Square
The Square Looking Towards Main Street West from near Coleman Place
Maud and Mollie Warburton at Warburton residence, Main Street
View of Church Street, on The Square