Skip to Content

More Info →Central School Baths

These baths were opened on Featherston Street in 1917 and were in use until 1979. They were dedicated to the students who were killed in World War One on 30 May 1917. There were four main incarnations of Central School - The Original School (corner of Main and Princess Streets, 1872-1890), Campbell Street School (1890-1922), Central School (Featherston Street, built 1922), Central Normal School (became a practice school for teachers college students in 1956).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sc128_007953
Title
Central School Baths
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc 128
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Central School Baths
Official Opening of Hokowhitu School Swimming Baths
Official Opening of Hokowhitu School Swimming Baths
Taonui School (now Newbury School) School Photo
Pohangina School
Awahou South School Pupils with Headmaster
Awahou North School pupils with Headmaster
Central School, Palmerston North
First Public School in Palmerston North
Central School. Palmerston North
Central School Event
Central School - Demolition of Top Floor

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1937

Object rights

Credit Line
Evening Post, Wellington

Taxonomy

Community Tags
central normal school,

Report a problem

Related items

Central School Baths
Official Opening of Hokowhitu School Swimming Baths
Official Opening of Hokowhitu School Swimming Baths
Taonui School (now Newbury School) School Photo
Pohangina School
Awahou South School Pupils with Headmaster
Awahou North School pupils with Headmaster
Central School, Palmerston North
First Public School in Palmerston North
Central School. Palmerston North
Central School Event
Central School - Demolition of Top Floor

User comments