The police station was opened by Peter Fraser (Minister of Police 1935-1949 and Prime Minister of New Zealand, 1940-1949) and Robert Semple (former Minister of Public Works) on 28 September 1938. The building still stands in Church Street, directly across from St Andrew's Church. It was designed by J T Mair (Government Architect) and built by Bodell and Co. Ltd.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North Police Station
- Held In