Skip to Content

More Info →Manawatu Flour Mill

This building was a landmark on the corner of Broadway Avenue and Albert Street from 1918 to 1968 when it was demolished. It was the second flourmill on this site, the first being a small wooden building. The business was established by Richter, Nannestad and Co. in 1878 and sold to James McGill of the Manawatu patent Roller Flour Mill Co. in 1902. Seventeen years later it was purchased by John Ireland of The Manawatu Mills Ltd, who sold it on to Farm Products Co-operative Tararua Ltd in 1965. See also A 175/ 232 Ian Matheson Archives

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Bc458_009627
Title
Manawatu Flour Mill
Relation
Public Collection Bc 458, CD A 140/7
Format
Colour print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Manawatu Flour Mill
View of the Corner of Albert and Broad Street
Broadway Avenue Decorated for Royal Visit
Centennial Book of Views around Palmerston North, 1870s-1970s
"Dancing in the street".
Broadway Ave Decorated for Centennial Celebrations
Looking Down Broadway Avenue Towards The Square
PNCC Float in 1958 Floral Festival
Hopwoods Mitre 10 and Bennett's bookshop, Broadway
Carncot School for Girls, Broadway Avenue
Broadway Avenue, 1964
Downtown Shopping Complex, Broadway Avenue

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Broadway Avenue and Albert Street, Palmerston North
Date
July 1968

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Manawatu Flour Mill
View of the Corner of Albert and Broad Street
Broadway Avenue Decorated for Royal Visit
Centennial Book of Views around Palmerston North, 1870s-1970s
"Dancing in the street".
Broadway Ave Decorated for Centennial Celebrations
Looking Down Broadway Avenue Towards The Square
PNCC Float in 1958 Floral Festival
Hopwoods Mitre 10 and Bennett's bookshop, Broadway
Carncot School for Girls, Broadway Avenue
Broadway Avenue, 1964
Downtown Shopping Complex, Broadway Avenue

User comments