John Nairn established his market garden business at the end of College Street, as it was then, in 1893. In all seven glass houses and other buildings were built over the years. The family business largely grew tomatoes, cucumbers and grapes. The business was demolished in 1958, to make way for residential growth in the Awapuni area. Shown in this photograph is the potting shed far left and the Vinery in the foreground.
- Momo rauemi
- Tautuhi matihiko
- Glasshouse at Manawatu Vineries, College Street
- E puritia ana ki