Charles Tricklebank (1829-1910) arrived in New Zealand in 1856. He married Eliza (1832-1912) and they subsequently had 12 children. From Foxton Charles explored what was to become Palmerston North in the 1860s, and then moved to the area. He constructed the first brickworks in Palmerston North in 1872, in Church Street between Princess Street and Victoria Avenue, staying in business until 1888 when he left for Australia. He returned to New Zealand in 1894 and then retired to Palmeston North in 1901.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Mr and Mrs Charles Tricklebank
- Held In