Delivery of the four Commer buses, which made up the first Municpal bus fleet, was taken 7 September 1921, from Messrs Dawber Ltd, and services began 8 September with a universal fare of 3d. A total of 129 applications were received for the positions of bus driver: Hector M Susited; H G Wickes; R Cronin; G H Whittaker (replaced by P G Patton); R Hill; K H Kersel; A Maunder; R J Hodren; M Coughlan, Night watchman and cleaner at the bus sheds.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Palmerston North bus fleet and staff
- Held In