Skip to Content

More Info →398 Church Street

This house, previously 174 Church Street, was built c1876. It was rented by Count von Blaramberg in the 1890s and used as a private school. The longest tenants of the house were the Bartlett family, 1908 - 1961. The Bartlett daughters, Beryl and Cora, were well known music teachers, who taught music from the house 1930s - 1961. The house was demolished or removed from the site some time after 1980.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_Bur140_3415
Title
398 Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 140
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Back view of Monrad homestead, Karere
Drawing room of "Whare Rata", Fitzherbert
Staircase at 182 Fitzherbert Avenue
398 Church Street
'Shalimar', Maxwell's Line
9 Chaytor Street
House, Fitzherbert Street
Rawstrom family and house, corner of Princess and Ferguson Streets
54 Waldegrave Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
Early cottage
Men gathered in front of house

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
August 21, 1979

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Back view of Monrad homestead, Karere
Drawing room of "Whare Rata", Fitzherbert
Staircase at 182 Fitzherbert Avenue
398 Church Street
'Shalimar', Maxwell's Line
9 Chaytor Street
House, Fitzherbert Street
Rawstrom family and house, corner of Princess and Ferguson Streets
54 Waldegrave Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
Early cottage
Men gathered in front of house

User comments