The Square looking from Main Street East towards Church Street. THe buildings were, from left:  The Manawatu Farmers' Co-Operative Association. The firm was in existence from 1892 to 1895 when it became the United Farmer's Co-operative Association (1895-1908). This was previously occupied by the Ready Money Store (see Sq 60). It was also the Watson Brothers Ltd. The building was finally demolished in 1937 and the site is now occupied by a line of shops.  Pioneer Bakery.  Solomon Abraham's Store and Pawnshop (Abraham was Mayor of Palmerston North 1887 - 1889).  T Wray, saddler, was established in the Square in 1875 (on the site of the old Giorgi and Millar store).  The Royal Blue Paperhanging Warehouse, housed W Lambert (upholsterer) and W Nixon (painter and decorator).  A Petersen's Grocery Shop, W Morland and later C Revans (grocer).  Jubal Fleming's Tobacconist and Hairdressing Salon which opened up business in Palmerston North in 1891.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The Manawatu Farmers' Co-Operative Association
- Held In