Building, from left:  Victoria Buildings - built in 1901, demolished c 1928.  Bradfield, "The Cash Grocers"  The Crown Studios, Whalley and Co. Photographers  W Pegden, furnishing warehouse. Established in 1882 by Simmonds and Pegden and continued alone from Pegden alone from 1888. Destroyed by fire in 1891.  J A Nash and Co - General Merchants.  DM George, draper and clothier  Occidental Private Family Department - built c1897; ?; Hood Chemist; Ridley's Tea Depot; ?; Bert Pratt, Hairdresser  Occidental Hotel - built c1897, destroyed by fire c1927  Bank of New Zealand, built in 1902  Mellsop, Elliott and Co, - Manawatu Land Agency.  T Parkins, butcher  Malcolm, "Furnishing Company Ltd".  Manawatu Evening Standard - built 1891. The Standard was here from 1903-1910.  E O Olsen, Tailor  Borough Council Chambers  All Saints Anglican Church. The building with a dome, in front of the Evening Standard building, is an observatory.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The South-East Corner of the Square
- Held In