In 1886 the Government gifted 9.5 acres of land in Cuba Street to the Manawatu and West Coast Agricultural and Pastoral Association, and the first Palmerston North A & P show was held in that year at the newly formed Showgrounds. In 1973 the Grounds were transferred to the Palmerston North City Council and since then have been administered by a Trust. This photograph was taken before May 1977, as on that date the cattle pavilion, top centre of photograph was destroyed by fire. Pascal Street is on the left.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Aerial view of Showgrounds, Pascal Street
- Held In