Constructed in 1896 this was the first of six glasshouses built by John Nairn for his commercial vinery, with the last being built in 1937. They were all dismantled in 1959 because of demand for land for housing, Nairn Crescent being developed that same year. The windmill shown here, was later replaced by a larger one and eventually by an artesian bore in 1908.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Nairn market garden, College Street
- Held In
- Community Archives