John Nairn established his market garden business at the end of College Street, as it was then, in 1893. In all seven glass houses and other buildings were built over the years. The family business largely grew tomatoes, cucumbers and grapes. The business was demolished in 1958, to make way for residential growth in the Awapuni area. Myrtle Nairn is shown on the right in the tomato glasshouse.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Nairn market garden, College Street
- Held In