John Nairn established his market garden business at the end of College Street, as it was then, in 1893. In all seven glass houses and other buildings were built over the years. The family business largely grew tomatoes, cucumbers and grapes. The business can be seen just prior to demolition in 1958, to make way for residential growth in the Awapuni area. The Nairn home can be seen in the background.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Manawatu Vineries glass houses, College Street
- Held In