Skip to Content

Longburn School was the centre of many district activities, including a tennis and croquet club. The first Longburn School opened in 1877 in Reserve Road. In 1910 the building was moved to its present site in Carey Street, Longburn.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_MILDON_SCH_1331
Title
Playing tennis at Longburn School tennis courts
Held In
Community Archives
Relation
CA: Mildon; Public Photograph Collection Sc152
Date
circa 1919

Related items

Palmerston North Girls' High School
Craven School for Girls Photograph Album Page
"Reminiscent of Ballet" - Basketball
Taonui School (now Newbury School) School Photo
Official Opening of Hokowhitu School Swimming Baths
First Day at College Street School, 1968
Queen Elizabeth College
Pohangina School
College Street School: Standard 3
Opening Day at Waikanae School
Pupils of Palmerston North Intermediate Normal with their bicycles
Palmerston North High School

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
education,
people,
photographs,
schools,
sports,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Girls' High School
Craven School for Girls Photograph Album Page
"Reminiscent of Ballet" - Basketball
Taonui School (now Newbury School) School Photo
Official Opening of Hokowhitu School Swimming Baths
First Day at College Street School, 1968
Queen Elizabeth College
Pohangina School
College Street School: Standard 3
Opening Day at Waikanae School
Pupils of Palmerston North Intermediate Normal with their bicycles
Palmerston North High School