Skip to Content
  • Tiritea House, Massey University
  • Tiritea House (2)

More Info →Tiritea House, Massey University

“Tiritea” was constructed in 1903 for Mr R. S. Abraham and family. It was later removed in two parts to make way for the first Science building of Massey Agricultural College in 1929. The two halves were moved to the rear of the property and continue to be used by Massey University today. The building in the photograph, known as Tiritea House, is currently used as the Alumni and Heritage Centre.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2021BD_IMCA-DigitalArchive_035447_001
Title
Tiritea House, Massey University
Format
Born Digital
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Tiritea House, Massey University
'Willowbank', farm and residence of J O Batchelar, Fitzherbert
'Willowbank' homestead, River Road, Fitzherbert
"Tiritea", residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
'Willowbank' farm, Fitzherbert
"Opening of Boys (Bridge) Brigade Conference"
Te Pūtahi ā Toi
Veterinary Sciences Complex and Hopkirk Building
Te Ohu Rangahau Kai /Food Pilot Plant
Massey University Archives
349 College Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Massey University, Manawatū Campus
Date
October 14, 2021

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Tiritea House, Massey University
'Willowbank', farm and residence of J O Batchelar, Fitzherbert
'Willowbank' homestead, River Road, Fitzherbert
"Tiritea", residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
'Willowbank' farm, Fitzherbert
"Opening of Boys (Bridge) Brigade Conference"
Te Pūtahi ā Toi
Veterinary Sciences Complex and Hopkirk Building
Te Ohu Rangahau Kai /Food Pilot Plant
Massey University Archives
349 College Street

User comments