‘Rangi Marie” (or Rangimarie) was built for C.M. Ross the founder of C M Ross and Company in 1908. Originally it stood on extensive grounds on a rise in the Terrace End area, but the land was subdivided 1939-1940. The area was then developed for state housing, and thehouse is now surrounded by homes. When first subdivided the area was known at the Ross Block but was later renamed as Roslyn. The symmetrical front of the house has two large reception rooms either side of the front porch. The house still has many of the original fireplaces and surrounds. This building is listed in Category 4 of the New Zealand Historic Places Trust register, for architectural significance.