Skip to Content

More Info →Terrace End School

The original Terrace End School was situated in Main Street but its exact locality and original use are not known. Mrs Harvey was the first teacher. In June 1884, the School was moved to Deard's Hall in Main Street and Mr A Matheson was headmaster. He was followed by D.H. Guthrie, C.H. von Blaremberg and T F Fairbrother (by 1893). The School was moved again in September 1885 and again in 1927. Several new buildings were constructed between 1930-1960.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sc74_007933
Title
Terrace End School
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc 74
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Central School
Central School
Feilding Technical School
Palmerston North Girls' High School
Terrace End School
Carncot School for Girls, Broadway Avenue
Central School
David Clarence Pryor, Headmaster of Central Normal School
Awatapu College Boiler House
Central School Baths
Central School
Rangiotu School

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1950

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
terrace end school,

Report a problem

Related items

Central School
Central School
Feilding Technical School
Palmerston North Girls' High School
Terrace End School
Carncot School for Girls, Broadway Avenue
Central School
David Clarence Pryor, Headmaster of Central Normal School
Awatapu College Boiler House
Central School Baths
Central School
Rangiotu School

User comments