Skip to Content

More Info →Tiritea School

Before the school was built at Tiritea in 1895, the children in the area had to walk or ride to the nearest school in Palmerston North. After the school was built it had about 30 children in attendance, and 2 teachers. On May 11th 1969 a new school building replaced the original.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Tt5_RTL_0915
Title
Tiritea School
Format
B&W print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Tiritea School
Ford through Tiritea Stream, Tararua Ranges.
Bledisloe Park, Massey University
Miss Grant in horse and buggy
259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Second Dam at Turitea Stream, Upstream Side
Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
James Elwyn Mair Davis
Construction of second dam on the Turitea Stream
Mayoral Picnic, Tiritea
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
Mrs R S Abraham

Creation

Created By
Place
Turitea School Old West Road, Palmerston North
Date
1900 to 1905

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Tiritea School
Ford through Tiritea Stream, Tararua Ranges.
Bledisloe Park, Massey University
Miss Grant in horse and buggy
259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
Second Dam at Turitea Stream, Upstream Side
Construction of 259 Albert Street, Palmerston North
James Elwyn Mair Davis
Construction of second dam on the Turitea Stream
Mayoral Picnic, Tiritea
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
Mrs R S Abraham

User comments