This dam constructed in 1906-1907, replaced the smaller weir, built in 1888-1889 to supply water for Palmerston North. The new dam was increased in height to 50 feet soon after. It opened 1913 and operated until 1957, when a 100 foot high dam was constructed. Samuel Jickell, Borough Engineer 1904-1919, standing on the far right.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of second dam on the Turitea Stream
- B&W print
- Held In