Skip to Content

More Info →Band Rotunda, The Square

From left: Henry Haydon's Co-operative Store, Bon Marche (CM Ross), the fire tower in Coleman Place and the Band Rotunda (moved 1907), and two unidentified buildings. The Theatre Royal (Mowlem's building) is on the far right (closed in 1904 and converted into shops). The Band Rotunda was in the Square from 1899 to 1907, when it was shifted to the Victoria Esplanade and replaced with a larger one. The replacement was torn down in the 1950s.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sq116_008878
Title
Band Rotunda, The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 116
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Band Rotunda, The Square
Postcard of the Square
Church Street East side of The Square
The Square and railway yards
Commercial buildings, corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and College Street
Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Hodder and Tolley
Bus Station in The Square, and beyond
Railway line running through The Square
Alf Taylor in front of the band rotunda
Te Awe Awe Statue in The Square
Band Rotunda in the Square

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1904

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Band Rotunda, The Square
Postcard of the Square
Church Street East side of The Square
The Square and railway yards
Commercial buildings, corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and College Street
Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Hodder and Tolley
Bus Station in The Square, and beyond
Railway line running through The Square
Alf Taylor in front of the band rotunda
Te Awe Awe Statue in The Square
Band Rotunda in the Square

User comments