Skip to Content

More Info →Leary's Pharmacy, The Square

A building under construction in 1935 for Leary’s Pharmacies Ltd, to replace the original building built by Richard Leary in 1885. Richard Leary established his business in 1875 and continued in business until his death in 1901. A J Graham, an employee of Leary's, took over the management of the pharmacy in 1902 and continued its operation until 1927 when a company, “Leary’s Pharmacies Ltd”, was formed in conjunction with Messrs J K Paton and R L C Aitchinson.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bc352_BUI_2465
Title
Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Relation
CA: Thorrold-Jaggard; Public Photograph Collection Bc 352
Held In
Community Archives
Archive
R.W. Tnorrold-Jaggard

Related items

Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Church Street East side of The Square
Manawatu Evening Standard building, The Square
Mutual Life and Citizen's Assurance Co. building, The Square
South-east side of The Square
Waldegrave building, The Square
Merle Hardy, 'The Hokowhitu School Store'
Army volunteers parade, The Square
Wilsons for Ladies Wear
Slater's Gown Salon, The Square
Cuba Street businesses

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1935

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Church Street East side of The Square
Manawatu Evening Standard building, The Square
Mutual Life and Citizen's Assurance Co. building, The Square
South-east side of The Square
Waldegrave building, The Square
Merle Hardy, 'The Hokowhitu School Store'
Army volunteers parade, The Square
Wilsons for Ladies Wear
Slater's Gown Salon, The Square
Cuba Street businesses

User comments