The first state school in Palmerston North was established on the corner of Main and Duke (now Princess) Streets in 1872. In 1890 it moved to a new site in Campbell Street and in 1922 to Featherston Street as Central (Normal) School. Girls identified: N Keeling (third from the left); N Jackson (third from the right); Miss Innes (in the back row, second from the right). Misses Nathan and Mowlem (sitting second from the left and far right). The girl standing far right is possibly Miss Dillon, later Mrs Ralph.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Girl pupils, first state school
- Held In